Are you a door that stands in the way of opportunity for your clients to have a safer, healthier, more comfortable and reliable HVAC system? Or are you a window that shows people the possibilities to upgrade their current system. Don’t have the imagination to think of solutions for clients? Here is my top list of HVAC upgrades to offer to clients on repair, maintenance & sales calls…
- Outdoor “Re-level For Life” – Remount the outdoor system using limestone screenings and 3/4″ rubber isolator pads. Lifetime warranty on re-leveling can be given if you do it right.
- Flood Prevention Emergency Protection – “EZ trap” to shut off AC so it doesn’t flood your basement or attic.
- Extreme Hot Weather Kit – Upgrade to a 50 amp contactor, hard start kit, 440 vac capacitors & install a time delay relay
- Animal Guard – Pull 2 wire through 3.8″ poly vinyl jacket to protect against weed whacker’s and rodents chewing through outdoor wire
- LED Can Light Retrofit – Identify unsealed can lights in a home and replace with LED retrofit to seal energy in home. Each can lights lose up to 1/2 ton of cooling in a home and allow fiberglass to infiltrate the living space
- Attic Fire Breaks – If a chimney is not fire-breaked in the attic it allows fiberglass and contaminants to enter the home and is also a fire safety issue as well
- Attic access Sealing – Why is the entire attic insulated and sealed but the attic access hole is unsealed. Solid foam access doors that latch air-tight and attic staircase covers are available to stop massive infiltration from these holes
- Power Surge Protection – Protect motherboards and damage to compressors by installing a surge protector
- Carbon Monoxide – Fire – Smoke Safety Protection – Install a wifi connection low level carbon monoxide alarm in all levels of the home
- Wifi Connected Temperature, System & Energy Monitoring System – A Wifi connected thermostat will not only allow you to control your temperature from a cell phone but also alerts clients to “System Needs Service” calls.
- 5 Year thru 1 Year of Media Filter, Humidifier Pad &/or UV Bulb Replacements
- Media &/or Electronic Air Filter Installations
- Humidifier Installations (Steam-Power-Bypass)
- UV Air Purifier Installations
- Whole House Dehumidifiers – Super dry dehumidifiers for basements to prevent mold growth for the safety of the children
- Return Air Duct Upgrades – Upgrade return air systems to 100% capacity so that clients stop damaging systems due to restricting the airflow. (This should be sold by each tech at least 3-4 times per week)
- Grill & Register Replacements – Nothing looks worse on white carpet than brown registers. Also to upgrade return grills to aluminum from stamped metal.
- Air Duct Sealing – Air is a product after it has heated or cooled. What are you doing to make sure that clients can keep the conditioned air that they have invested in?
Can you think of any others? Comment below and I’ll add them to the list!