Recently I watched the movie Under the Tuscan Sun, in which they tell one of my favorite stories. Here it is…
“Between Austria and Italy, there is a section of the Alps where it is an impossibly steep, very high part of the mountains. They built a train track over these Alps to connect Vienna and Venice. They built these tracks even before there was a train in existence that could make the trip. They built it because they knew some day, the train would come.”
When I first heard this story, I thought it was part of Hollywood fiction. After a little ‘googling’ and a lot of reading, I came to find out how this amazing achievement was accomplished.
A Labor Of Love
The Semmering Railway had been the genius of engineer Carl Ritter von Ghega who had started thinking about building the railway in 1842, before any train at that time could possibly traverse such a steep grade. Twelve years, 14 tunnels, 16 viaducts and 20,000 workers later, the railway was complete, as well as a train that could make the grade five times steeper than any other.
You see, Ritter von Ghega didn’t spend his time wondering if the train would never be built, or if it would make money, or if customers would pay to travel from Vienna to Venice. His passion and love for his work propelled him to act “as if” the train could climb the steep traverse even though it actually hadn’t been invented yet.
Winning Hearts & Minds
What he did know is that if he could win the hearts and minds of the people by providing an inspiring vision of what could be, while laying out the groundwork on how to complete this massive task, that the questions would be answered. And over 170 years later his vision is still achieved.
Do you have a vision of what you want your company to look like in the future?
Do your employees know where your “tracks” are leading them?
Do they have a job description, tools and the resources that they need to make your vision a reality?
Create “Turn-Key” Systems
This year’s Service Super Summit will focus not only improving your sales, marketing and profit, but also an emphasis on a “Turn-Key” approach that will sustain your success month-after-month.
Join us in Long Beach, CA, March 13-15, 2013 to learn how to
- Automate Marketing To Work Every Time
- Convert Callers Into Buyers
- Recruit, Compensate & Manage Premium Technicians
- Create An In-House Performance Coach
- Rocket Your Sales
- Manage Rapid Growth
- And many more speakers and subjects that will inspire you and your employees to lay down the ground work to create a business that will achieve your vision.
Here is what you’ll get at the Service Super Summit 2013:
- Early check in and Social Meet and Greet on Wednesday evening
- Lunch on Thursday and Friday
- Access to video replays of all speakers after the event included
- MP3 downloads of all sessions included
- A 30-60-90 day action plan from each speaker
- Follow up access to all speakers included
- Investment to Attend $497 Buy Tickets Now!
- Contractorselling.com Members – $397 Bonus Price Click Here
We are only able to accommodate 150 people at this event, so it is important to call and make reservations as early as you can. Ask for me, Julie 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. PST.
Awaiting your commands to make your vision come true for you!
With all my heart,